Forms and Handouts
The resources below are provided by third parties and may change from time to time. We are listing these resources as a helpful reference but cannot take any responsibility for the information provided on these sites.
- New! Systematic review of the safety of physiological third stage
- MBS schedule for Midwifery items
- Vitamin K - An Alternative Perspective
- Group B Streptococcus disease.
- The most recent Cochrane review (a systematic review of all available literature) found that intrapartum prophylactic antibiotics for Group B Strep positive women made no difference to the neonatal mortality rate from Group B Strep disease.
- Saying "No" to Induction
- Ultrasound Scans - Cause for Concern
- Benefits of a Low GI Diet in Late Pregnancy (full research study)
- Safety of vaginal breech birth
- Commentary on the "Term Breech Trial" by Maggie Banks
- Spinning Babies
We are currently required under Australian Law (homebirth insurance exemption) to work within the boundaries of these documents.
- Safety and Quality Framework
- Australian College of Midwives Consultation and Referral Guidelines
- Australian College of Midwives Position Statement on Homebirth 2011 and related Guidance
- Supporting a woman admitted to a public hospital